CBD Oil Shelf Life: Does CBD Have an Expiration Date?
Have you been considering trying CBD for your ailments? You’re not alone. Millions of people are turning to CBD products to help treat minor health problems. Find out how CBD works, how long it lasts, and what it can do for you.
How Long Is the CBD Oil Shelf Life?
CBD products have a shelf life of anywhere from 14 to 24 months. They should be stored properly, as per the care labels on the package. Typically, they should be kept in a cool, dry place. Each CBD product, from creams to oils, will have a different recommendation.
Be sure to read the label on your CBD product to make sure you get the most extended shelf life possible out of your item.
Different Kinds of CBD Products and How Long Do the Effects Last?
Different products will last in the body for around two to eight hours. It varies by CBD product. Here is a rundown of a few:
- CBD Capsules: These pills look like supplements. When consumed orally, the effects of the CBD can last anywhere from six to eight hours.
- CBD Edibles: In the form of candies, chocolates, or drinks, CBD in edible has a similar effect to the capsule option. The effects should last about six to eight hours.
- CBD Tinctures: Taken by mouth, most CBD users turn to this option. It is usually left on the tongue for a few minutes before swallowing. The effects of CBD oil can last about four to six hours.
- CBD Topicals: Ointments, creams, and other topical CBD products usually last up to six hours and begin to take effect 15-20 minutes after being applied.
- CBD Vaping: This is the quickest way to feel the effects of CBD, but the effects last for a shorter time period. The CBD will usually last for no longer than two to three hours. In recent news, vaping has been linked to potentially deadly health risks. It is important to consult your physician regarding vaping products before trying them.
How Long Does CBD Oil Last?
CBD oil is either infused in the products mentioned above or taken as is. If taken directly, it can last anywhere from six to eight hours. However, if taken in patch form – where the patch releases the CBD oil into your body – the effects can last as long as 48 hours.
It’s important to remember that the effects of CBD are not drastic. That means you won’t feel high or disoriented. Without the THC component, CBD can focus on its positive side effects. It should not alter your ability to function normally.
Does CBD Oil Expire?
Yes. For your safety, it is not recommended to keep CBD products for more than 24 months. However if you use CBD oil regularly it's very beneficial to buy for instance Natural Full Spectrum CBD Tincture than the same product in a less milligram. In addition, you should follow the recommended storage instructions on your CBD product to get the maximum life out of your CBD products. Generally, it’s safe to say you should keep your CBD products away from light, humidity, and heat.
Storage Recommendations to Make CBD Last Longer
CBD is a pricey item. To get the maximum life span out of your products, you’ll want to store them correctly. While there is some variation among the type of CBD products you choose, these are a few general tips that can help maximize your CBD oil shelf life:
- Store in a cool, dark, dry place
- Wrap in aluminum foil and place in the freezer
- Maintain a stable temperature for your product
- Avoid placing CBD products in humid areas or in direct sunlight
- Keep your CBD products in an upright position
Does CBD Oil Go Bad?
If your CBD does not contain food – like CBD edibles – it is not likely to cause any harm if you take it after the expiration date. However, the effectiveness of the product may be significantly weakened after it has surpassed the recommended CBD oil shelf life.
Will CBD Topicals Make Me Feel High?
No, using CBD-infused topical products will not make you feel high. In fact, they won’t really make you feel very different at all. Generally, CBD lotions and creams are aimed at supporting joint and muscle health. Without THC, CBD products do not cause users to feel high.
How to Use CBD
When it comes to CBD, the rule of thumb is to start with a small amount and work your way up to more. You never know how CBD will affect your body individually. It is recommended to take it easy. This way, you can see how CBD affects you and determine what dosage is right for your body and your needs.
When it comes to topicals, this is a little less of a concern. Try the products on a small patch of skin and wait to see how it affects you. If you have no adverse reactions, you may continue to use your CBD face products as directed. Otherwise, there are several ways to enjoy CBD depending on your personal preferences.
It’s important to remember that while CBD has many proven health benefits, it is not a miracle cure. You can expect some symptoms to be relieved, but CBD cannot do more than what it claims. Respect the dosage on your product packaging and introduce topicals slowly.
As you get to know CBD and how it affects your body, you will find the right amount of product for you. If you are concerned about incorporating CBD into your life, don’t hesitate to meet with your physician to discuss the risks, benefits, and options.