Recipes to Make With CBD Oil
Cooking with hemp dates back to the 9th century when people used a mixture of ground cannabis and milk (Bhang) for religious purposes.
Similar recipes were found in Italy, dating back to the renaissance era. Still, it wasn't until the 20th century that the popularity of edibles with hemp erupted, with all these space brownies, CBD-infused chocolate bars, salad dressings, and other crazy recipes.
We've tried a few recipes ourselves and loved cooking with hemp. Cannabis is indeed a food-friendly herb that can spice up your cooking and add a dash of benefits to your nutrition regime. It's no wonder why people have embraced adding it to their recipes with so much enthusiasm. In this post, we've prepared a list of our favorite CBD-infused recipes, both sweet and savory.
Savory and Sweet Cannabis Oil Recipe
Adding your touch to a CBD recipe is super easy, especially when using CBD from full-spectrum extracts (the type of CBD that carries all the active compounds).
If this is your first time cooking with CBD oil, we recommend making smaller batches at first. We've seen it all before; enthusiastic cooks often mess up and end up wasting precious CBD because they fail to recreate the recipe correctly. CBD oil is an expensive ingredient; use it carefully.
So, let's get to it, shall we? Here are some mouthwatering CBD-infused recipes you can quickly try at home.
CBD-Infused Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Are you trying to convince your cooking partner to add a little zest to his/her regular Wednesday night mashed potatoes? Here's a brilliant tip: give them some CBD isolate powder and show them this recipe — we guarantee the mashed potatoes will never be the same again!
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 8 cups of pre-made mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (we prefer the original Parmigiano Reggiano)
- 2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 0.16g CBD isolate powder
- In a stand mixer bowl, mix the mashed potatoes with butter, whipping cream, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and CBD isolate.
- Stir all the ingredients until pureed.
- Spray with non-stick spray to a medium casserole dish, then transfer the potato puree.
- Add parmesan cheese and bake at 400°F.
- Allow it to cool slightly before serving.
CBD Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Up for a sweet yet healthy dose of chocolate chip and CBD? Let’s start our list of sweet CBD recipes with these classic CBD-infused chocolate chip cookie bars. All of the ingredients in this recipe are gluten-free due to the grain-free flours. The almond butter is a delicious flavor carrier for these treats. The best part? The dark chocolate makes this recipe even more interesting.
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 90 mL CBD oil
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place an 8×8 baking sheet with non-stick parchment paper. Spray the pan before applying the paper so that it sticks to the pan.
- Combine all of your ingredients in a big bowl.
- Carefully fold in the chocolate chips using a wooden spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Take the cookie bars out of the oven and let them cool—no need to transfer them into the freezer. Break them into several pieces and enjoy.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Loaf With CBD Icing
If you haven't figured it out yet, now you know... we love our sweets. We've got another yummy treat for all our pumpkin-loving CBD users out there. This CBD-infused recipe is gluten-free and includes delicious icing.
- 1 tbsp apple cider
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup yucca-root flour
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
CBD Sugar-Free Icing
- 1 tbsp full-spectrum CBD
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Mix the apple cider and baking soda in a large bowl and let the mixture fizz. Add in your eggs and whisk with a stand mixer until peaks start to form.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Place a bread loaf pan onto parchment paper and pour the prepared mixture into the dish.
- Bake for around 30 minutes. Allow the loaf to cool in the freezer for another 30.
- For the icing: Melt your coconut butter and the CBD over low heat until fused and drizzle over the loaf.
Guacamole is famous for its exceptionally delicious and savory condiments and is often used for side and main dishes. The main ingredient, avocado, consists mainly of fats, making for a perfect base to infuse your CBD oil into. The best part? It’s gluten-free and vegan-friendly.
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled, halved, and seeded
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ½ jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 mL of CBD full-spectrum CBD oil
- Put the avocados in a large bowl and crush them using a fork or pestle.
- Combine the salt, garlic, cumin, cilantro, onion, cayenne pepper, jalapeno, tomatoes, and lime juice. Drizzle the mixture with your full-spectrum CBD oil and stir thoroughly.
- Wrap the bowl with plastic wrap and let the guacamole simmer at room temperature for about an hour or two before serving.
Experimenting with CBD-infused recipes at home is an enjoyable and enriching way to deliver valuable cannabinoids into your body. If you're looking for different ways to take your CBD, edible treats are the way to go.
We hope this list of tasty CBD recipes will come in handy in helping you figure out what to cook next. Experience your daily dose of CBD in healthy meals and yummy treats.